Do you like home improvement projects? If you answered yes, you should really consider all the benefits a professionally installed window film can offer. In an article in NOLA.com, author Marni Jameson and Darrell Smith from the International Window Film Association discuss the benefits of window films to a homeowner and why they should consider it for home improvement projects.
Here are some points that were brought up in the article:
- Color Neutral Options – “If you don’t want to change the color of your home’s natural light or see any metallic shine, ask for a color neutral day-lighting film,” Smith said. Your windows will save energy but give up next to nothing in light quality.
- Lower Bills – In hot weather, solar-control films can block up to 80 percent of the solar energy coming through windows, which cuts down on air conditioning. “It usually translates into a year-round savings of about 5 to 10 percent of the home’s total energy bill,” Smith said, and much more during hot months.
- Added Protection – Visible light lies on the spectrum between ultraviolet, which damages furniture, and infrared, which beams heat. Treated windows will block 99 percent of UVA and UVB rays, thus greatly slowing the deterioration and fading of drapes, carpet and furniture.
- Decorative Applications – Today’s window films also can inexpensively make clear glass look etched or frosted for privacy or a decorative effect.
- Not a fix -If your window is in bad shape, leaking or poorly insulated, adding film won’t fix that. Deteriorating windows should be replaced. However, if your windows are in good shape, don’t replace them just for energy efficiency, Smith said. Try film first.
If you would like to read the entire article, click HERE
If you would like to learn more about how window films can help with your upcoming home improvement projects, click HERE. If you have any questions, contact us by calling (805) 469-8468 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would be happy to discuss this with you and provide you with a free, no obligation quote of implementing a window film product into your Ventura or Santa Barbara, California area home.